Today is actively developing alternative energy, on the background of exhaustion of the fast pace of natural resources and rising prices. Of all requested alternative sources, the largest growth of solar energy. The only limitation of its use is that it works in the daytime and to work effectively you need the highest number of sunny days. However, the developers have coped with these deficiencies. Therefore, solar systems are constantly being improved. The novelty was not long in coming.
Flexible solar panels are the latest development in the field of solar power systems. The first solar battery was distinguished by large size and considerable weight, for all that they had low efficiency. Flexible batteries have completely changed the concept of solar panels. They are very different from the silicon prototypes. The main feature of flexible batteries is that they are made of special polymers, which gives them extreme flexibility. The electrodes in batteries are made of aluminium. To flexible the battery was ready to use the polymer electrodes to cover the film, which will protect the structure from any impact. Due to its flexibility and ease these batteries are sometimes used in specific areas where it is not possible to use conventional batteries. An example of this might be charging the battery of the car, lighting up small spaces, charging and ensuring the smooth operation of small household appliances. Further modification of the panels will use panels for window tinting in the car with the aim of obtaining additional energy. Also of flexible solar panels will produce materials, which will cover batteries the maximum area of buildings. There is the idea of development on the basis of such batteries of textiles for the home and for clothing and its details.
Flexible solar panels have a number of advantages:
– flexible framework that allows you to mount the battery, even on curved surfaces;
– light weight designs, minimizes pressure and mechanical impact on the installed surface;
– battery compact enough, so the installation does not require a lot of space;
– flexible batteries are environmentally friendly and have no negative impact on the environment;
– they are absolutely not affected by the environment;
– production of flexible batteries is not costly.
However, batteries have one drawback – they have low efficiency.
When choosing a flexible battery need pay attention to following characteristics:
– the specified efficiency on the packaging in the 25 – 30% is not true, as a rule, the maximum value that can give a battery is 18%;
– the capacity of the battery depends on the magnitude of the current at which charging appliances;
– special frame that allows you to set the battery perpendicular to the sunlight;
– availability of mechanisms for mounting and special case.
The use of flexible batteries in the initial phase does not require large financial investment and it pays for itself fairly quickly and can last for decades.